Teri has spent most of her early adult career working with Native families as a youth program coordinator, adult education counselor, substance abuse counselor, college instructor/advisor and certified elementary teacher. Since 2000, she has honed her skills through her graduate school coursework in Public Administration as a Planner in Indian Country. She takes great pride in being able to “connect the dots” for tribal communities, especially when it will promote wellness.
As a grant writer, she attained an 85% success rate in grant writing and acquired over $14 million dollars for a Tribe after she managed the Tribal community’s strategic plan process.
She was taught by her grandmother, Laura Galligo Brewer, to not only be a proud, strong, Lakota woman but learned to appreciate, respect, and honor other Tribal customs and beliefs.
Let Teri work with your community and leadership to ensure Tribal Sovereignty is secured for future generations through “Eagle’s View Planning.”
Teri’s Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advocate of Tribal Sovereignty Issues
- Able to interpret and develop overall tribal plans with a focus on cultural values
- Skilled Facilitator of community and organizational groups
- Experienced Curriculum Writing (Preschool-College/Post Secondary)
- Cultural Sensitivity Training Specialist
- Oklahoma Indian Learning Styles Trained & Classroom Implemented
- Successful National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA) Writing
- Certified Road Inventory Field and Data System User (RIFDS)
- Emergency Management Institute Certifications (HMP, COOP, CEMP, EOP, EOC)
- Historical/Intergenerational Trauma Trained
- Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (Past)
- Certified Teacher (Past)