Increase grant competitiveness, by showing evidence of community-identified needs!
The EVP Process: Easy as 1-2-3
STEP 1: Gather community input on the needs of Tribe.
STEP 2: Facilitate a planning session with appropriate tribal staff to create a list of programs, projects or policies to meet the identified community needs.
STEP 3: Work with tribal council and leadership to prioritize those projects, programs, and policies that were identified based on tribal values.
- Validation for your community—by offering a forum for the community’s voice to be heard.
- A plan for your Nation—provides better staff guidance and focus, and leadership can make informed decisions.
- Demonstration of effectiveness—shows tribal leaders are hearing the voice of the people.
- Improved award rates—community plans increase grant competitiveness and implementation effectiveness
Figure 2. Using the Eagle's View community-centered planning model, grant applications achieved a success rate above 80%.
TES tips for community plans:
- Frame the priorities of the community using statements about Tribal values.
- Publish and post the results, for all community members to review!
- Create the documents to track progress in Action Strategy©.
Your next Tribal planning event
TES can facilitate your planning efforts with community-focused activities and documentation, powerful enough to survive leadership turnover. The result is an Eagle's View™ Plan.
Contact TES to get started!